Magnificent Living Institute
HOMEcalendarregisterappointmentstoretestimonialsmailing listblogcontact
 


Sunday, April 29, 2018

What Makes My Reiki Classes Different from Traditional Reiki?


I call my particular brand of Reiki Transformational Reiki; transform meaning to transcend or go beyond the current form of.

I have been working with Reiki since 1994 -- almost 20 years at the time I’m writing this, and the material and experience that I bring to my classes goes far beyond traditional Usui Reiki. The energy of planet earth – and likewise our evolving personal, physical and energetic systems -- is vastly different today than it was in 1870, when Dr Mikao Usui is credited with re-discovering Reiki and bringing it back to the earth plane.



While I honor and respect those who have come before me, my intention with my book and classes is to now bring Reiki into the 21st century; to update its function, mechanics and scope so that it may be understood and utilized in ways that are more appropriate for who we are and the challenges that we face today.

Years of study and practice have gone into my curriculum. I continue to update and amend the material based on what I experience with each set of students that I work with, and with my own personal experience with clients.  I have structured the classes in such a way that each student may gain the greatest benefit from each class. Supervised, hands-on practice is the best way to develop confidence in yourself and get the feedback you need to trust what you are doing.

Some lineages of Reiki recognize only the single Master Level; this means that the Master has all the attunements in Reiki, and has received the instruction to attune others to Reiki. Others have split the Master class into two levels: Master Practitioner and Master Teacher. For me this makes more sense. 

Being a practitioner and being a teacher are two entirely different roles, and it is my opinion that the skills and experience necessary to be an effective teacher are not transferred to someone else in one day or in a weekend workshop. That is the biggest drawback with traditional Reiki that I see today.

If you are interested in becoming certified as a Reiki practitioner, do your due diligence. Not all Reiki teachers are created equal. There are some people who provide the attunements only and think that they are teaching Reiki. I've had many people over the years who have received this style of "instruction" and after some time passes they realize that they have been shortchanged, and aren't confident in their own ability or experience. This is a great disservice to the student and to the power of Reiki itself.






 
715 Hill St., Suite 270, Madison, WI 53705
Graphic Design by Erin Fuller Graphics  •  Web Development by Zumavi Design